Couples Workshops NC, is a passionate group of Certified Gottman therapists offering couples workshops in North Carolina. This workshop is based on the scientific findings of John Gottman, Ph.D., who studied thousands of couples over 40 years. This workshop is designed to strengthen and enhance your relationship, increase intimacy and manage conflict. All work is done privately as a couple. There is no group work or public disclosure at the workshop.
Join the thousands of couples who have learned The Art and Science of Love!
- 2 days filled with practical, simple tools and exercises confirm, strengthen or restore your love
- For couples of every type
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy (though the workshop is not therapy)
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend (based on exit surveys)
What’s behind our success?
In a word: Science!
- Our work is grounded in 40 years of research with more than 4000 couples.
- 86% of people who complete our couples workshops make significant progress on conflicts that once felt “gridlocked”. These statistics are a big improvement over other forms of couple interventions.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems to get relationship help. It is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair.
What you’ll learn
This two-day workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. At the workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
If a couple is dealing with physical abuse or battering, this workshop may not be appropriate. In these cases, please consult with us for another option!