The Art and Science of Love 2
Through interactive exercises, entertaining role-plays, and enlightening presentations, you’ll refresh and expand the skills previously learned, as well as deepen your connection with your partner. You will be able to work together privately, receive support from Certified Gottman Therapists, and gain a fresh focus for meeting the challenges in your relationship in an intimate workshop setting.
This workshop is based on the inspiring couples research presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman in their books, lectures, and other programs, including The Art and Science of Love. Presented by popular demand, The Art and Science of Love 2 is your opportunity to take your partnership to the next level
Workshop presenters will provide a review of the Sound Relationship House and share proven methods for developing effective problem solving skills, including repair and compromise). New presentations and exercises have been developed to help partners identify and achieve mutual relationship goals. In addition, you’ll learn thought-provoking information and research on brain neurobiology that can help increase your understanding of the Gottman Method. There will be opportunities to ask questions and receive support from roving Certified Gottman Therapists, who are available to assist, if needed, during any of the exercises.
Most importantly, this workshop will help you put it all together so you can more deeply integrate these new behaviors with your everyday life.
As a result of this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Increase conflict management skills
- Foster greater intimacy
- Enhance your understanding of repair and its significance for effective communication
- Reinforce and expand the skills learned through The Art and Science of Love workshop and other Gottman materials
- Reduce the Four Horsemen
- Share Dreams Within Conflict (listening to your partner’s underlying feelings and dreams)
- Process the Aftermath of a Fight
- Use Softened Start-up (new exercises to reduce defensiveness)
- Talk about current relationship issues like money and/or sexuality (tools to enhance these areas of your relationship)