1. The five basic questions:
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your relationship is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your relationship is doing well, how can you ensure that your relationship will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
2. Assessing your relationship
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your relationship/marriage
- Identify your relationship’s specific strengths and how to build on these
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may impede conflict resolution
- Learn the small, easy steps that increase romance in your relationship
3. Building a “Sound Relationship House”
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for intimacy
- Use the Fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work, and De-escalation
- Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship