Couples Workshops NC, is a passionate group of Certified Gottman therapists offering workshops in North Carolina. Trained and skilled practitioners, we meet with couples everyday in our private practices. Taking those experiences and successes, we are pleased to present the original Seattle-based Gottman workshop, The Art and Science of Love. Based on the scientific findings of John Gottman, Ph.D., who studied over 3000 couples in three decades, this workshop is designed to strengthen your relationship. Please know, there is no group work or public disclosure at the workshop. You and your partner will be given privacy.
Along with the memory of re-connecting and the knowledge that “we can do this!”, you will take home a box of techniques, cards, tools and tips to support your relationship in your everyday lives.
Join the thousands of couples who have learned The Art and Science of Love by coming to one of our renowned weekend workshops.
- 2 days filled with practical, simple tools and exercises confirm, strengthen or restore your love
- For couples of every type
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy (though the workshop is not therapy)
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend (based on exit surveys)
What’s behind our success?
In a word: Science!
- Our work is grounded in 40 years of research with more than 3000 couples.
- 94 percent of people who complete our couples workshops make significant progress on conflicts that once felt “gridlocked” These numbers are a big improvement over other forms of marital intervention. For example, acclaimed marriage researcher Neil Jacobson conducted an evaluation of one of the most highly regarded therapy methods and showed that only 35 percent of couples using it improved their marriages.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems to get relationship help. It is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple.
What you’ll learn
This two-day workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. At the workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
If a couple is dealing with physical abuse or battering, this workshop may not be appropriate. In these cases, please consult with us for another option!