Couples Workshops NC, is a passionate group of Certified Gottman therapist offering workshops in North Carolina. Trained and skilled practitioners, we meet with couples everyday in our private practices. Taking those experiences and successes, we are pleased to present the original Seattle-based Gottman workshop, The Art and Science of Love. Based on the scientific findings of John Gottman, Ph.D., who studied over 3000 couples in three decades, this workshop is designed to strengthen your relationship. Please know, there is no group work or public disclosure at the workshop. You and your partner will be given privacy. Along with the memory of re-connecting and the knowledge that “we can do this!”, you will take home a box of techniques, cards, tools and tips to support your relationship in your everyday lives. Join the thousands of couples who have learned The Art and Science of Love by coming to one of our renowned weekend workshops.
- 2 days filled with practical, simple tools and exercises confirm, strengthen or restore your love
- For couples of every type
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy (though the workshop is not therapy)
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend (based on exit surveys)
What’s behind our success? In a word: Science!
- Our work is grounded in 40 years of research with more than 3000 couples.
- 86 percent of people who complete our couples workshops make significant progress on conflicts that once felt “gridlocked” These numbers are a big improvement over other forms of marital intervention. For example, acclaimed marriage researcher Neil Jacobson conducted an evaluation of one of the most highly regarded therapy methods and showed that only 35 percent of couples using it improved their marriages.
Who will benefit from attending? This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems to get relationship help. It is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple. What you’ll learn This two-day workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. At the workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
If a couple is dealing with physical abuse or battering, this workshop may not be appropriate. In these cases, please consult with us for another option!
8:30 Workshop Begins
10:00 – 10:15 Morning Break
12:20 – 1:35 Lunch
3:40-3:55 Afternoon Break
4:50 End of Day
8:00 Workshop Begins
9:50-10:05 Morning Break
2:50-3:05 Afternoon Break
4:50 End of Day
The Art & Science of LoveGottman Couples Workshops
- Includes your couples kit, two days of professional instruction and guided practice, light snacks and a great location. Does not include hotel room or meals. Please ask us about our room block for various locations. It is not required to stay at the same hotel as event.
- Continuing Education:
- The Gottman Institute, in partnership with PESI, now offers up to 12 CE Hours to qualified professionals. CE Hours may be purchased at the workshop for $29.99.
- Attention Gottman Trainees & Licensed Clinicians:
- All licensed clinicians and educators are now eligible for a $50 discount to attend The Art and Science of Love workshop in North Carolina. A personal workshop experience is beneficial for your professional and personal toolkit, and will help you to better integrate Gottman Interventions into your work with couples. Use promo code asledu2016 at checkout. Please provide your license number for verification and your board website.
- Attention Microsoft Employees:
- You may be eligible to attend The Art and Science of Love workshop in North Carolina with no out-of-pocket expense. Your registration fee is paid for by your EAP plan through Wellspring Family Services. Contact your EAP provider and request to attend The Art & Science of Love Workshop in NC. You may also contact us at 919-263-4410 for registration and payment information.
- Military Promotion Code:
- The Gottman institute is proud to be a partner of the Wounded Warrior Project – it is an honor to support the military and their families. All active-duty military and veterans are eligible to receive a $50 discount to attend The Art and Science of Love workshop in North Carolina using promo code: honor2016 at checkout. Please provide service credentials at checkout for us to verify with the Defense Manpower Data Center’s (DMDC) Military Verification service.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the workshop purchased, a full refund less a $50.00 processing fee will be given. After the cut-off date, registration will be converted to a credit for a future workshop within the following twelve months.
- Inclement Weather Policy: The Art & Science of Love Weekend Workshop will be cancelled due to inclement weather ONLY if the Hotel, where the event is being hosted, is closed, or if the presenters are prohibited by weather from being there. If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled date or to another Art & Science of Love weekend of your choosing in 2016. Any travel expenses that may have been incurred cannot be refunded. If the event is held, but weather conditions prohibit your safe travel so you are unable to attend, your registration fee will be applied to another date of your choosing in 2016. Whenever possible, cancellation announcements will be posted to the CouplesWorkshopsNC.com website homepage and participants will be notiﬁed by email or phone. Thank you for your understanding.
- Have more Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
90% percent of Americans marry, but 25-50% percent of those marriages end in divorce
The best way to ensure that you and your partner beat the odds and have a long, satisfying marriage is to explore all personal and marital issues and get the skills and training you need together, Now. No matter how long you’ve been in a relationship, married or not, doing nothing will not make you happier. This workshop is not therapy, and no public disclosure and group work takes place.
Couples Workshops NC
152 Capcom Ave, Suite 101
Wake Forest, NC 27587